Sunday, July 23, 2017

We started off our day by going to church where James did the sermon, many times he went off script confusing the translator and making the rest of us laugh. During church Chelsea and I led the children in singing three songs. Many times during the service I didn't know what was going on or where we were at in the hymn but a boy sitting next to me helped me throughout the service so I was still able to worship with everyone else. After church everyone had fun participating in water day. Josh caught many by surprise by dumping a bucket of water on them from the upper level walkout. The kids soon got back at him by dumping water on him. For the rest of the afternoon, we just hung out with the kids: playing the piano, cards, four square, or just talking to them about life. My favorite part of the day was when a boy kept coming up to me to give me a hug when earlier in the week he would never hug me back when I hugged him. It's easy to see how God has worked through everyone here at the camp and how much these new friendships mean to everyone.

Written by Grace


















No comments:

Post a Comment