Monday, July 22, 2013

The campers arrive July 22nd

"Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I hold you up with my victorious right hand." (Isaiah 41:10)

Today was a day of excitement. For some, the morning began with a vigorous, blissful hike up over the town of Javornik. For some, it was a peaceful, energizing walk into town. But for all, today was a day of preparation for the arrival of the Polish students.

As we formed our groups, set up our spaces, and did the last minute planning, God continued to show His power and love over and over again. Our prayer has continually been that we will be the vessels of Christ to the students, to our Polish friends and counselors here at the camp, as well as to our own team members. For me personally, the verse that God continues to speak to my heart is "we  ourselves are like fragile jars of clay containing a great treasure (which is Jesus). This makes it clear that this power comes from God and not from us." (2 Cor. 4:7). God's ways are not always our first choice but He gives us the strength and the faith to trust Him. Even when I feel intimidated or nervous, I know that with God, this camp is going to be a beautiful opportunity for grace and love. 

Once the Polish students arrived, we went right to work with evaluations and placing students into appropriate groups. We ate supper together of bread, cheese, meats, and jam. It was fun to see all of the students at the first camp meeting  break but it was during our small first introductory meeting as a class that my heart completely melted. I love this place. I love each of the students. I feel so humbled and empowered that the Lord has placed this opportunity before my feet. I want to treasure each moment and place it in my heart to remember always. I am excited to begin teaching and sharing my language tomorrow with these precious children. 

Thank you all for your support and prayers. We feel them all as we are adjusting, planning, and learning to trust God in every circumstance. Please pray for our first day of teaching tomorrow. Pray that we as a team will communicate clearly and with joy and love. Pray for continued strength and health so that we may be able to follow where the Lord guides. 

I began with a verse from Isaiah and with it I would like to close. In our staff devotion, we were reminded that we don't ever have to feel defeated or regretful. We don't have to be timid or scared. God says that He is holding our hand. The Lord of the Universe is holding our hand. Those are very comforting words. 

written by:  Julia
 Our breakfast rolls delivered fresh every morning
 morning walk...




 breakfast

 the evaluation process begins......





 making name tags....



 sports time



 our Boss here at camp, Peter!!!
 4 square




 dinner
chapel

No comments:

Post a Comment