Wednesday, July 24, 2013

July 24th

Today was the second of camp and for me as one of the American teachers, the tension and anxiety I had for the first day wasn't as bad today.  This time around I knew my students and revamped some of my lessons to fit them better.  The main thing is to get my class to interact, talk and understand the message.  The language barrier is still there but I felt like they were a little more comfortable with me and were receptive to my teachings.  

I always enjoy doing the daily bible lesson/verse and incorporating a way to show the meaning of this. Today I placed a trash can at the front of the room with a cross (the name Jesus written on it) taped on the front of it.  I then had the students write on a piece of paper something bad that they have done and wanted Jesus to forgive them for it.  I then instructed them to crumble it up and throw it away in the trash can.  

The meaning behind this is that whatever sin you have committed in your life you can always bring it to Jesus and he will forgive you.  HE is your trash can....HE died for you and shed his blood....taking all your sins upon HIMSELF.

This was a great lesson and I think it really hit home that message!

All praise and glory goes to Jesus Christ as HE is helping me reach the kids in my class, showing them who HE is and what HE can do for them!

written by  Shane G.



























No comments:

Post a Comment