Friday, July 25, 2014

Friday, July 25th

It's my first time here as a counselor on such an adventure. I thought it was going to look totally different and that there won't be any chemistry between all people here. Just taking care about kids. And You know what? I was totally wrong. When I see those kids singing and dancing with older people like Lenny, Fred and others I just sometimes can't believe what I see. I mean that we are being taught by children as many things as we do teach them. Or maybe they teach us more things? Who knows?

Today's Bible story was about Jonah and Nineveh City. One day Jonah was commanded by God to go Nineveh and tell people living there that they are very cruel, sinful etc. and God wants them to repent. Firstly, Jonah tried to escape from God's commandments. He didn't succeed. We can't escape from God. He is always with and what is the most important He WILL ALWAYS BE CLOSE TO US. He could have killed Jonah for his disobedience. The Lord didn't punish Jonah. He show him His never-ending mercy. What is most important thing which we need to remember and learn is that we HAVE TO love others people not things. As Lenny said "Spaghetti won't give us love back. I will."

Saying "You must come here" is too easy for me. Such an unbelievable experience that it can't be expressed with words. I don't  know what should I write at the ending. But we've sang a song: "This little light of mine... I'm gonna let it shine..." and I feel that meeting here is not just a shining. Seeing whole people especially the youngest of us dancing and singing for the God's glory is like a seeing a blazing fire of Holy Ghost's.

Written by Filip, a new Polish Counselor























1 comment:

  1. Hi, Filip from Nebraska. Amazing! Love the pictures of kids and the one of Carleen!

    ReplyDelete