Monday, July 21, 2014

THE CAMPERS ARRIVE!!! July 21st

What a great day!!  It started with the meetings and getting to see who our Polish helpers would be.  We got to enjoy time one on one with them! 

We had a great rain shower that re-wetted our washed clothes on the clothesline, but the temperature has dropped.  I was very grateful for that!

Then the excitement of the afternoon was seeing the campers arrive.  We saw a lot of familiar faces and met some new faces as the campers with their parents arrived.  I had to do the evaluations of the campers, but as I would go out into the hallway to get the next camper, I would see the parents talking to their children and wishing them well.  I watch as they would give the a pat on the back or a hug as they came into our room.  There were lots of happy, smiling faces. 

Then after dinner we got into our classes and one of the new boys said, "I like having you as a teacher!"  I even taught them the "GO BLUE" cheer!  I think a couple of the Nebraska people didn't like that one! :)

I am so honored to be here serving God. 

Written by Lisa
















No comments:

Post a Comment