Thursday, July 24, 2014

Thursday, July 24th

Our theme for the day was God wants us to trust Him.  During this day I have had many occasions to trust God, beginning with the Bible lesson.  In discussing Daniel, he had to trust God in the lion's den.  I told the kids about crossing a half-finished bridge, which I did when I was young.  I told them about tying the cable on one side, walking across a steel girder holding on to a cable that was not attached on the other end.  When we trust God, he has the other end.  God is our shield like shoes when we walk on wet grass.  Without the shoes, our feet get wet and cold. 

Doug showed them an American coin and told them about all of our money saying "In God we trust."  He explained that not everyone does, but our money says it. 

Then tonight when we were playing "Captain, My Captain" the rain came, but with it came a rainbow.  So we switched to playing Indoor Olympics.  Shane and I shared the same station that he had in 2013 and I had in 2012 - throwing a football through a hoop.  We need to work on our American football skills with them again :)  It was a lot of fun.  And now, we're diving into a Mexican pizza!  Dobranoc (that's "goodnight" in Polish)! 

Written by Lenny










2 comments:

  1. Hi, Lenny! Send some of that rain our way. Supposed to be 100 tomorrow. Did you have the boot throwing event? Thinking about you guys each day.

    ReplyDelete